Thursday, December 17, 2009

Silly Goose.....????

Ok, why do people say "Silly goose"? It's one of Gage's favorite sayings lately.

"Gage! Time for dinner!"
"Oh, Mama! You silly goose!"  Huh???
"Gage, do you need to go potty?"
"Oh, Mama! You silly goose!"   Ehh???

Now- why?!?! What is silly about a goose?  It's yucky feathers? Funky beak? Beady little eyes? Webbed feet? I'd say "Freaky Goose".  Birds of all kinds creep me out though.  Here's one of the lowest points in my parenting, but it's funny, and I'm fairly certain CPS isnt' reading this.... :)

While visiting my dad and step-mom we stopped by a little creek that runs through town. (Cibolo Creek)  There are tons of turtles, fish, trees, and these giant duck things. (Yes, duck things- they were not the cute little fluffy yellow things I see in my head when I think "duck"). They were GIANT yucky, dirty, loud things.... and they scared me. Gage was about 18 months old or so and we had taken bread to feed the yucky feathered things.  They knew it too.  They'd come running, but stop short. So what do I do? We're walking along the creek and every time we come close to a feathered beast, I take a step further away from it and push Gage a little closer. He was my little human barrier between me and the beasts.  He wasn't scared of them. He loved them. I was doing him a favor. Don't judge.  Had he been afraid of them, we would have just gotten in the car and kept going, but he wasn't- I was. My dad was walking behind us, laughing at me!  Thinking back- it must have looked pretty hilarious. 

My brave boy protected me from the feathered beasts and for that, I'm eternally grateful! :)

Ok- now seriously- why "silly goose"?

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it wonderful that God puts the warrior heart in our little guys at such young ages? Your Gage must be as much fun as our boys! Love your stories..thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

FallBkgrd

Followers

Contributors