Friday, November 27, 2009

Novel Part 2

More short stories about my funny man from the end of the week.... (or some time in the last few weeks anyway....)

Thanksgiving in Granbury. PawPaw carries the giant, beautiful turkey to the table. Gage watches with a confused look.  "Ummmm, Mama, that's one BIG snail!!" SNAIL?!?!? He thought the roasted turkey was a giant snail. Nice.  It took me a good 30 minutes and 3 other people's input to convince him that it was, indeed, a turkey. Not that that made him taste it.... Happy Thanksgiving, he's eating a peanut butter sandwich and raisins. Delicious.

Last night William was cooking dinner while Gage and I watched TV (doesn't that make William sound really good and me sound really crappy? Oh well, such is life.)  I went in to check and see if I could help (and also to see if William would do that pick you up and pop your back thing- ok, fine! I went to have him pop my back and covered it by asking if he needed help first, shut up. :)) So he picks me up and no luck. Before going back to the couch with Gage, I gave William a kiss. Gage yells from the couch "Awwwww, Daddy that's so niiiiiice!"  Hahahaha!

Snot Happens.  Gage's nose has broken valve or something. I looked at him the other day and his lip was COVERED in snot. I grossed out a bit and said "OH Gage, let's go get you a kleenex." He very, cooly and calmly replied, "No thanks, Mom. I'm just lickin' it." EWWWWWWW! 

I've been telling Gage about Santa (who he either calls Santa, or Christmas Claus.... weird.)  and about how he should be good so that he can get presents.  I told him he better be nice or Santa won't bring him a certain toy he wants and he says "It's ok Mom, then we just go get it for ourselves."  I should have started this conversation with him before he got smarter than me. Doh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FallBkgrd

Followers

Contributors